Head Coach - 10U
The cold, wet, fall weather did not hold back these girls......
10U with their second 1st place finish of the fall with their championship win at the Huntley Scarecrow Slam. Congrats!
CONGRATULATIONS Wisconsin Lightning 10U!!! These girls definitely TOOK THE FIELD and HIT to WIN IT!! Going through the winners bracket and ending with a 4-0 record for the weekend!
NICE JOB Wisconsin Lightning 10U!!
Not a bad start to the new season for these young ladies who haven't hit the field as a team until this past Saturday at the Lincoln-Way Storm Fall Fury ASA OPEN National Qualifier! Going 2-0 in Pool Play and 5-2 overall to land themselves in a 3rd place finish! We headed to this 'Loaded" tournament with the only expectation being, "to show the new members of our team the level of competition that they will be seeing as well as expected to rise to"..... what a great moment as a coach, parent & player when they pushed through & rose to the occasion immediately & BECAME THE COMPETITION!!!
WAY TO GO WISCONSIN LIGHTNING 10U!!!
2017 / 2018 SCHEDULE
Fall Tournament Schedule:
1) Sep 30-Oct 1: Lincoln-Way Storm Fall Fury - ASA OPEN National Qualifier; Midlothian, IL - 3rd Place
2) Oct 7-8: Stampede Fall Showdown; Mundelein, IL - 1st Place
3) Oct 13-15: Scarecrow Slam; Huntley, IL - 1st Place
Winter Tournament Schedule:
1) Dec 2-3: IceBreaker - Woodside Dome; Wisconsin Dells, WI -
2) Jan 12-14: MLK Season Opener - Woodside Dome; Wisconsin Dells, WI -
3) Wiffle Ball Tournament - TBD
4) Mar 9-11: Bandits Showdown - The Dome; Rosemont, IL -
Spring/Summer Tournament Schedule:
* NSFPL; Various
* ASA State Championships
* NSA State Championships; Watertown, WI
* ASA/USA Northern Nationals - Yankton, SD
TEAM MOM'S: Maureen Lighthizer, Shannon Holtz, Julianne Herrick
TRAVEL/LOGISTICS COORDINATOR: Nikki Castillo
FIELD CREW: Steve Holtz, Jeff Ovaska, Jeff King, Jim Kornfeind
BATTLE OF THE BORDERS REPS:
FIELDS: Brad Lois - CONCESSIONS: Jennifer Rosenbaum
SCORE KEEPER: Michael Herrick (Jeff King) &/or Coaching Staff
TEAM PHOTOGRAPHER/S: Shanna Lynn Photography & Lori Schuler
VIDEOGRAPHER: Alvin Vitangcol
TEAM DJ/s: Jon Lighthizer & Haley Kornfeind
THIS IS WHAT MAKES A TEAM BETTER........TEAMWORK FROM THE PARENTS!! THANK YOU ALL!!!!